COVID-19 Statement 23/02/2021

By | 23rd February 2021

We are taking a positive view of the governments Covid-19 Response -Spring 2021 issued on 22/02/2021.

It is still too early to say for definite if Trackstar will go ahead as planned, but the indications are positive.

Below is the key excerpt form the Government document:

Page 30 of COVID-19 RESPONSE − SPRING 2021, under Step 1 from 29th March 2021, point 102.

 The Government will also allow outdoor sports facilities to reopen, broadening the options for outdoor exercise and recreation. These facilities, such as tennis and basketball courts, and swimming pools, can be used by people in line with the wider social contact limits. Formally organised outdoor sports – for adults and under 18s – can also restart and will not be subject to the gatherings limits, but should be compliant with guidance issued by national governing bodies.

As an organisation, we must now wait for our national governing body, England Athletics to issue us with further instructions on how we must operate.

We must also ensure that our venue is willing to allow us to hold the event. Again, we are confident that as we already had our Covid risk assessments signed off by the venue operator prior to the current lockdown that they will allow the event as planned. However, we need to make certain.

A further relaxation of the lockdown rules will occur “no earlier than” 12th April 2021, which is also likely to feature in the England Athletics guidance.

As soon as we know any more, we will update you.

If Trackstar cannot be held as planned on 15th May 2021, we will look to move the event to a date later this year, or ultimately 2022. If this occurs, we will be dependent on external suppliers being available. We will also look to avoid clashing dates with other mass participation events, such as London Marathon, Brighton Marathon and Great North Run for example.

We announced the re-arranged date of Trackstar back in early October, so we must bring our goodwill voucher scheme to a close, please make sure you have completed a voucher request form by the end of March 2021.

Word format form
PDF format form

Our focus is currently on Trackstar, once we are certain it will go ahead, we will be in a position to look at reorganising Bates Green Gallop, and Twilight Chase.

Thank you all so much for your patience, we hope to be able to bring definitive, good news very soon.

Best regards

The WTI Team